An awe-inspiring experience awaits you in this part of Africa. Share the Mountain Gorilla’s family space, soak up the serenity found in nature and marvel at the abundance of primates in this magical spot.
Mountain Gorilla View Lodge is strategically situated in Kinigi in northern Rwanda and on the edge of the Volcanoes National Park, the home to the endangered Mountain Gorillas. The lodge is located on the foothills of the Mountain Karisimbi, one of the volcanic mountains making the mighty Virunga volcanic ranges. The lodge is about 10 minutes’ drive to the main entrance of the Volcanoes National Park where gorilla trekking briefing takes place. To most travellers in Africa, an encounter with mountain gorillas in their natural habitat is a thrilling experience and the highlight of all Rwanda safari packages.
Mountain Gorilla View Lodge is an eco lodge with 30 spacious chalets. To ensure the least disruption of the surrounding environment, the eco lodge was constructed with locally available material. Every chalet comes with a sitting area with a fireplace and has a tea/coffee making machine. Mt. Gorilla View lodge supports the surrounding rural community by purchasing farm-fresh produce that is served in the lodge’s restaurant.
The lodge is surrounded by an exciting and rich biodiversity of shrubs, trees and various bird species among them the Grey Crowned Cranes. The Intore (local Cultural dancers) will entertain you during your stay and memorable evenings can be spent chatting to fellow travelers and comparing gorilla encounters.
Making Reservations for Mountain Gorilla View Lodge in Rwanda
The lodge is under management of 3B Group of Hotels, bookings can me made direct through their email address email@example.com, Tel: +250 788 305708. Other hotels managed by 3B Group of Hotels are; Akagera Safari Lodge in Akagera National Park and Flame Tree Village in Kigali.
Reservations can also be made through your travel agent. There are over 100 tour and travel agencies in Rwanda and Uganda through which you can make your reservations for Mountain Gorilla View Lodge. There are some of the popular Rwanda safari companies; African Jungle Adventures, Gorilla Expeditions, Lets Go Tours Rwanda. Go Gorilla Trekking, Active Africa Vacations, Primate Safaris, Rwanda Gorilla Safaris and Volcanoes safaris among others.
Possible Tour Activities around Mountain Gorilla View Lodge Rwanda
While staying at Mountain Gorilla View Lodge, there are other activities once can do other than mountain gorilla tracking and these include;
- Golden Monkey tracking, also takes place in Parc National Des Volcans. The activity takes place in the morning, you must be at the park headquarters by 7:00am for a briefing and the fee is US$100.00 per person.
- Mountain hiking; The fact that the lodge is located on the foot hills of Mt. Karisimbi, one of the 5 Volcanoes that Make up the Virunga mountains, there are hiking adventures to peaks like Gahinga, Bisoke and Karisimbi.
- Dian Fossey Tombs Tour; Dian Fossey was an American primatologist who spent close to two (02) decades protecting and habituating the mountain gorillas. He was murdered by poachers in 1985 and was burried near Karisoke Research center. More of her works can be seen on a movie known as “Gorillas in the Mist”. Many tourists take park in adventurous hike to her grave yard at a fee of US$75.00 per person, taking up to 6hours of hiking. This means one must be physically fit.
- Musanze Caves Exploration
- Community Walk; Take part in a community walk, visit local people in markets, homes, local breweries, schools and fields, interact with them, actively participate in local / daily activities such as harvesting, milking cows and local beer brewing among others.
- Iby’Iwachu Cultural Village Tour; Learn more about the history of Rwandese and local cultures, enjoy and participate in local music, dance and drummer.